Tuesday, September 27, 2011

9 Months

There is something so incredible about having a baby and being able to watch them grow and learn and develop....My love for Laedin somehow grows with each passing day and I am often reminded of how much more my Heavenly Father loves me! I mean it really is a beautiful picture of the gospel when I think about how the Holy God of the universe through the life,death and resurrection of Jesus Christ has adopted me...a helpless sinner.. as his very own child!

My handsome boy is officially nine months old and is the strongest baby I've ever seen. His favorite solid foods are bananas, pears, raspberries and avocados. He's still getting used to texture but does really well as long as what we give him is soft (and usually sweet haha). He has an adorable little tooth on the bottom and it looks like the one next to it is getting ready to come through as well as one on top (I REALLY hope so because he's been pretty cranky this week!). He likes to climb steps or really anything and walks along furniture really well. He slams his hands on the couch or whatever he's pulled up on. Maybe he'll be a drummer like his daddy. He can stand on his own for a little bit but hasn't walked on his own just yet. He loves to put a toy in each hand and just push them all over the apartment. It is so entertaining! He growls a lot still and just recently started to wave hello or goodbye. He loves to play peek a boo with the curtains....he'll hide behind there and i'll say "wheeere is laaedddiinn??" and he'll giggle then quickly pull the curtain back so I can see him. Oh he melts my heart.

My baby is sick this week with a cold and I wish so badly I could take his sickness for him. The Lord is giving me a lot of joy in caring for his needs and nurturing him and helping me to prefer my little child above myself. I find myself having to confess selfishness and anger when he wakes up way too early in the morning and I'd rather just sleep! I'm so thankful for Jesus. He loved perfectly. And because I am trusting in Him I have a new heart and I have the Holy Spirit working in me to help me to love like He loved!

I am ready for Ryan to not being working overnight shifts anymore but the Lord sees fit to have his schedule that way for this season in our lives. I miss my husband. Right now he is taking a break from classes but over the fall will be taking a CNA course. I can't think of anymore updates. Jellybean just woke up from a nap so I need to go. Here are some pictures from the zoo....




No comments:

Post a Comment